Nayland Music Trust was established in 2016 and provided subsidised tuition for up to 50 primary and intermediate students in the Stoke area. After a successful first year, we are enthusiastically planning for 2017 and hope extend our programme to reach more students.
The aim of the trust is to provide greater access to a broad range of musical instruments from an early age. Our goal is to support students in achieving musical excellence and reaching their true potential.
The scheme specifically supports students in the Stoke area of Nelson who will be attending Nayland College when they reach Year 9. We are proud of our music department at Nayland College and we believe that offering tuition from a young age will enable students to reach higher levels of excellence and success through their high school years and beyond. Nayland College employs specialist music teachers to offer the option of lessons either at your own school on various days or at Nayland College after school.
For those who are new to Nayland Music Trust, we would like to offer free instrument hire for your first year of tuition. Students who are enrolling for their second year of tuition and beyond will pay a subsidised rate of $20 per term for instrument hire.
HOW IT WORKS
- Students enrol for group tuition with a maximum of 3 students per group.
- Lessons are 30mins in duration.
- Option of tuition at your own school during school time or after school at Nayland College.
WHAT IT COSTS
- Tuition is only $50 per term.
- Instrument hire is free in your first year, $20 per term in your second year and beyond.
ADVANTAGES TO YOUR CHILD
- Tuition is provided by specialist music teachers.
- Regular weekly lessons at your school or Nayland College, keeping transport requirements to a minimum.
- The opportunity to perform with students from Nayland College.
- Lessons are supported by group ensembles.
For further details and an application form please phone 547 9769 ext 843 or email email@example.com
Mr Nigel Weeks, Music Director for Nayland Music Trust