NAYLAND MUSIC TRUST
“Enabling opportunity, empowering excellence”
Nayland Music Trust was established in 2016 to provide subsidised tuition for primary and intermediate students in the Stoke and surrounding areas. We are currently teaching over 70 students from Broadgreen Intermediate, Birchwood Primary, Stoke Primary and Nayland Primary schools and we are in the process of extending our programme into other primary schools in the area.
The aim of the trust is to provide greater access to a broad range of musical instruments from an early age. Our goal is to support students in achieving musical excellence and reaching their true potential.
The scheme specifically supports students in the Stoke area of Nelson who will be attending Nayland College when they reach Year 9. We are proud of our music department at Nayland College and we believe that offering tuition from a young age will enable students to reach higher levels of excellence and success through their high school years and beyond. Nayland College employs specialist music teachers to offer the option of lessons either at your own school on various days or at Nayland College after school.
For those who are new to Nayland Music Trust, we would like to offer free instrument hire for your first year of tuition. Students who are enrolling for their second year of tuition and beyond will pay a subsidised rate of $20 per term for instrument hire.
HOW IT WORKS
- Students enrol for group tuition with a maximum of 3 students per group.
- Lessons are 30mins in duration.
- Option of tuition at your own school during school time or after school at Nayland College.
WHAT IT COSTS
- Tuition is only $50 per term.
- Instrument hire is free in your first year, $20 per term in your second year and beyond.
Violin/Viola Baritone/Euphonium Clarinet Eb Horn Cello Cornet/Trumpe Flute French Horn Bassoon/Oboe Tuba Trombone
ADVANTAGES TO YOUR CHILD
- Tuition is provided by specialist music teachers.
- Regular weekly lessons at your school or Nayland College, keeping transport requirements to a minimum.
- The opportunity to perform with students from Nayland College.
- Lessons are supported by group ensembles.
For further details and an application form please phone 547 9769 ext 843 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Nigel Weeks, Music Director for Nayland Music Trust
GIVING THE GIFT OF MUSIC TO YOUR CHILD